domingo, 9 de marzo de 2014

Lesson XII. More about "me duele", "me gusta", "me interesa"...

There is a good number of verbs that follow the structure "A mí me gusta la pizza".

Here we have a short list of them:

Me interesa (it´s interesting to me)
Me parece que... (it seems to me that...)
Me encanta (I love it, it´s charming for me)
Me importa (it matters to me)
Me cae bien (I like a person´s way of being)
Me cae mal (I don´t like a person´s way of being)
Me aburre (it´s boring to me)
Me divierte (I find it amusing)
Me da gusto (I feel happy about something)
Me da tristeza (I feel sad about something, I find something pitiful)
Me da asco (something is disgusting, loathsome to me).

Remember that "me" in Spanish sounds "meh", like in "mesh", "medicine", or "mess".

If you want to say the opposite of any of these expressions, just add "no" before "me":

No me gusta (I don´t like it),
No me interesa (I´m not interested),
No me parece que... (It doesn´t seems to me that...),
No me duele (It doesn´t hurt).

Sometimes you need to emphasize or clarify, so you can use the complete phrase (using "a mí"):

A mí me interesa (it´s interesting to me)
A mí me parece que... (it seems to me that...)
A mí me aburre (something is boring to me)

A mí no me gusta (I don´t like)
A mí no me importa (I don´t care, I don´t mind, or it doesn´t matter to me)

"A mí",
"a ti",
"a él",
"a ella",
"a nosotros",
"a ustedes",
"a vosotros" and
"a ellos"

are answers to the question: This is appealing to whom?

¿A quién le gusta la pizza? (Who likes pizza?)

A Juan le gusta la pizza.

A María le gustan las hamburguesas.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario